INSINSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
1. This question paper consists of TWO SECTIONS:
QUESTION 1: Climate and Weather (60)
QUESTION 2: Geomorphology (60)
QUESTION 3: Geographical Skills and Techniques (30)
2. Answer all THREE questions.
3. ALL diagrams are included in the QUESTION PAPER.
4. Leave a line between the subsections of questions answered.
5. Start EACH question at the top of a NEW page.
6. Number the answers correctly according to the numbering system used in this
7. Do NOT write in the margins of the ANSWER BOOK.
8. Draw fully labeled diagrams when instructed to do so
9. Answer in FULL SENTENCES, except when you have to state, name, identify
10. Units of measurement MUST be indicated in your final answer, e.g. 1 020 hPa,
14 °C and 45 m.
11. You may use a non-programmable calculator.
12. You may use a magnifying glass.
13. You may use a magnifying glass.
SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION FOR SECTION B
14. A 1 : 50 000 topographic map 2331CC PHALABORWA and a 1 : 10 000
orthophoto map 2331 CC 18 PHALABORWA (NORTH) are provided.
15. The area demarcated in RED/BLACK on the topographic map represents the
area covered by the orthophoto map.
16. Show ALL calculations. Marks will be allocated for this.
17You must hand in the topographic and the orthophoto map to the invigilator at
the end of this examination session.