Activity Question 1
The first 3 terms of a sequence are, determine 3𝑝 − 4 ; 4𝑝 − 3 ; 7𝑝 − 6
- The value of 𝑝
- The first three terms of the sequence
- The value of the 16th term
- The general term Question 2
Determine which term of the arithmetic sequence 2.1 3 ; 5 ; 7 ;…………. s equal to 27
2.2 13 ; 10 ; 7 ;……………. s equal to −44
Determine the first three terms of the arithmetic sequence of which:
- the 10th term is 31 and the 15th term is 46
- the 7th term is 3 and the 12th term is −3 Question 4
The 3rd and the 4th term of an arithmetic progression are 12 and −24 respectively Determine the 50th term.
How many terms are in the sequence 3 ; 7 ; 11 ;…………. ; 483
If 𝑥 + 2 ; 3𝑥 − 1 and 4𝑥 − 3 are the first three terms of an arithmetic sequence, Determine;
- The value of 𝑥
- Determine the 𝑛𝑡ℎ term of the sequence
- If the 𝑛𝑡ℎ term is −41, calculate 𝑛
- Calculate the 20th term.
QUESTION 1: MULTIPLE-CHOICE QUESTIONS.
Various options are provided as possible answers to the following questions. Each
question has only ONE correct answer. Choose the answer and select only the letter. In the Exam You will follow the next example.
(A–D) next to the question numbers (1.1 to 1.10) in the ANSWER BOOK, e.g. 1.11 E.